Research Assistant in the Center for for Cyber Security Dr. Hoda AlKhzaimi
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, General Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The goal of this research project is to meet the growing challenges that are faced in securing networked information technology systems that have become pervasive and address broader political, economic and policy issues that help understand and mitigate cyber risk. The goal is to bring together technologists and scientists who model integration of technical, legal, financial, and psychological aspects to develop secure, reliable, and practical solutions to meet the information security and privacy challenges of today’s interconnected world. Research Assistants candidates play a vital role in supporting these research activities.
- B.S. is required
- Candidates must hold an B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or quantitative social sciences.
- Ability to implement in different potential software or Hardware languages (preferably C or VHDL).
- Ability to follow up and contribute to critical analysis of research problems and develop independent ideas around testing and evaluation of security systems
- Ability to write technical reports and research papers
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Ability to engage in meetings with researchers and faculty, presentation skills
Experience aimed at, but not limited to:
- Cyber threat intelligence
- Network analytics
- Hardware and critical-infrastructure security
- User-centric security
- Strong publication record and hands-on skills
The terms of employment are very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children.
Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the position is filled. For consideration, applicants need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, degree transcript, statement of research interests, and at least one letter of reference (up to two may be required in the application process), all in PDF format. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.