Research Fellow (Cancer Science Institute)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A position is available immediately for an extremely motivated Ph.D., M.D., or M.D./Ph.D. with a strong background in molecular biology/mechanobiology. The successful candidate will help to design experiments, analyse data, write papers and grants, including fellowships, and mentor and direct PhD students. Projects involve cell and mechano- biology with relevance to cancer. A list of publications can be found at https://www.ifom.eu/en/cancer-research/publications/marco-foiani.php.
- A Ph.D., M.D., or combined with research experience from postdoctoral work
- Expertise in molecular biology/ mechanobiology preferred
- Strong background and working knowledge of DNA damage response/ genome integrity pathways and cell metabolism
- Knowledge of cancer biology is desirable
- Experience with yeast and mouse models is highly desirable
- A proven track record in the form of publications in top international English language journals
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English
Applications should include a summary of past research experience and a description of long-term plans. The application should also include a curriculum vitae, publication list, and names and contact information (including telephone numbers) of 3 referees. Letters of recommendation should be sent to email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.