Research Engineer (Data-Driven Understanding of Compound Hydroclimate Extremes)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Applications are requested for Research Engineer position on climate change, risk assessment of compound droughts and floods using the latest AI techniques and complex network theory under the supervision of Prof. He Xiaogang, Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
- At least a bachelor degree in civil engineering, hydrology, water resources engineering, optimization, seasonal forecasting, machine learning, or from similar programs.
- Extensive experience in developing complex computer codes, e.g. in Python, R, or Shell.
- Ability to construct and write papers for leading research journals and conferences.
- Good written and spoken communication.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19153
Contact list for further enquiries
Hiring Manager: Dr He Xiaogang
Hiring Manager Email: email@example.com