Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor, Innovative Manufacturing
- VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
- Tamil Nadu, India
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor
- Applicants should preferably hold a Ph.D. in the relevant subject from reputed Institutions.
- Should have sufficient experience in Teaching, Industry & Research with reputed Institutions.
- Should have research papers published in International / National Journals.
- Should have books published and Scholars awarded / currently working for.
- Applicants with patents registered / consultancy works carried out will be given preference.
- Exposure in handling high-value funded projects will be an added advantage
Ph.D. in relevant streams with good academic records
Areas of Specializations:
- Refractory Alloys
- Additive Manufacturing
- High entropy alloys
- Surface Engineering
- Computational materials science
- Classroom presentation
- Laboratory Instructions
- Development Learning of Resource Materials & Laboratory Development
- Student Assessment & Evaluation including Examination work of University.
- Participation in Co-curricular & extracurricular activities
- Student’s guidance, counseling & helping in their personal, ethical, moral, and overall character development
- Keeping abreast of new knowledge and skills, help to generate new knowledge and help dissemination of such knowledge through books, publications, seminars, handouts, etc.
- Continuing Education Activities Self-development through upgrading qualifications, Experience & Professional activities
- Research development activities & Research guidance
- Industry sponsored projects
- Providing consultancy and testing services
- Promotion of industry–institution interaction and R & D
Academic / Administration:
- Academic and Administrative management of the institution
- Policy planning, monitoring & evaluation, and promotional activities; both at the department level and institution level
- Design and development of a new programme.
- Preparing projects for funding in areas of R&D work, laboratory development, modernization, expansion, etc
- Administration both at departmental & institutional levels
- Development, administration, and management at Institutional levels
- Monitoring and evaluation of academic and research activities
- Participation in policy planning at the Regional / National level for the Development of Technical Education
- Helping mobilization of resources for the Institution
- Develop, update and maintain MIS
- Plan and implement Staff Development activities, conduct Performance Appraisal
- Maintain Accountability
- Extension / Industrial Connectivity
- Interaction with Industry and Society
- Participation in Community services
- Providing R&D support and consultancy services to Industry and other user agencies
- Providing non-formal modes of education for the benefit of the Community
- Promotion of Entrepreneurship and Job rotation
- Dissemination of knowledge
- Providing Technical support in areas of social relevance
Apart from the above duties, any other relevant work is assigned by the Dean of the respective schools.
Department: Centre for Innovative Manufacturing Research (CIMR)
Location: Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Posted On: 27-Dec-2022
Years Of Exp: 0 to 20 Years
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in India
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in India
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in India
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in India