Research Assistant (Pharmacy)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for a highly motivated and competent Research Assistant to work on research focusing on peptide crystallization as a versatile platform technology for delivering biocompatible nanomaterials. The successful candidate will work with Dr Chen Wenqian to help with lab management and support ongoing research activities.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Lab safety, ordering, and lab management (30%)
- To serve as a lab safety lead.
- To be responsible for lab ordering.
- To organise chemicals and consumables in the lab and update the inventory.
- To create and review standard operation protocols (SOPs) and risk assessments (RAs).
- To ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the lab.
- Research tasks (70%)
- To perform peptide synthesis and characterization of synthesized peptides.
- To perform peptide crystallization and characterization of crystallized peptides.
- To prepare tablets from crystallized peptides and perform characterization of the prepared tablets.
- To test bioactivity of protein/peptide using bioassays.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, microbiology, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, chemistry, life sciences, materials science, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or related field.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and great ability in written and spoken English.
- Be able to work independently and be a team player.
- Experienced in bioassay preparation and handling.
- Experienced in crystallization and crystal characterization.
- Experienced in powder processing and characterization.
- Experienced in tablet preparation and characterization.
- Experienced in data analysis using softwares such as R, MatLab etc.
- Experienced in report writing and presentation preparation.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy
Job requisition ID : 19252