Research Fellow (Mechanics and Physics)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Numerical and theoretical study of single-phase and multi-phase flows, with and without changing structures.
- Substantial experience in thermal convection with or without solid-liquid phase change.
- Capable of developing theoretical models to unravel the physical mechanisms.
- Experience with the PIV/PTV measurement technologies.
- Proficient in CFD simulations and programming skills in Matlab and Fortran.
- Good publication record in peer-reviewed journals for fluid mechanics.
- A PhD degree in relevant fields related to mechanics, physics, applied mathematics, and mechanical engineering.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19249