Post Doctoral Fellow
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct research activities that are aligned with the KU’s research strategies under the supervision of the lead professor in a team environment.
- To prepare and conduct the chemical synthesis of nanomaterials
- To fabricate membranes and evaluate their applications in water treatment
- To conduct materials characterization experiments by using a range of advanced instruments
- To conduct analysis involving membrane filtration-related chemistry, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and various transport phenomenon
- To interpret the data in relation to membrane performance, water quality, mass and heat transfer, surface energy of the materials
- To communicate well with the lead professor in addressing all research challenges
- To write scientific document reporting the methods, results and discussion for publication
- To work harmoniously in a team environment with a helpful working attitude to students
- To help in the laboratory house-keeping and basic maintenances
- To help the Masters and PhD students in the group on laboratory skills and functioning
Qualifications & Experience
PhD Degree in Applied Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering,
- Good track record of high quality journal publication as first author.
- Membrane fabrication, characterization and evaluation in water treatment and desalination
- nanomaterials synthesis and advanced characterization
- Solid knowledge on membrane-based water treatment, various transport phenomenon and interfacial surface energy of the materials
- Have knowledge on molecular dynamic simulations
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time