Post Doctoral Fellow
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
2. Job Purpose
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- a) Assume primary responsibility for the development of the research project
- b) Initiating, coordinating and conducting research activities within the project Work Packages.
- c) Project management - ensuring outcomes are delivered on time.
- d) Documentation - producing technical and organizational documents related to R4II.2 project, including conference and journal papers.
- e) Event Management - planning and coordinating activities and events (evaluation sessions, demos, etc.) related to the project, also in a wider context of the research group activities
- f) Budgets - assisting in managing budgets related to the project and estimating budget requirements, in coordination with KU entities (Procurement, Finance, etc.).
- g) Stakeholder Engagement - coordinating external stake holder engagement including support to raising event sponsorship money
- h) Publicity – reporting to KU External Relations on activities requiring publicity and dissemination (including involvement in publicity materials, promotional videos, advertisements, etc.)
- Supporting and assisting under-grad and post-graduate students assigned to the project
4. Qualifications & Experience
- PhD Degree in Computer Vision, Machine learning, computer sciences or close discipline
- Postdoctoral/Industrial experience is a plus.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location : Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job : Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time