Teaching Assistant / Instructor / Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Data Literacy Programme
5 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for the position of Teaching Assistant/Instructor/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, for the Data Literacy Programme (DLP). The Data Literacy Programme (DLP) is catered to administrative employees of NUS. Successful candidates are expected to commit to two years of full-time service.
- Development of Teaching Material
- Development of eLearning Videos
- Design of assessment tasks
- Facilitation of classroom discussion
- Learner consultation
- Supervision of group projects
- Helping with academic related services
- Qualification: Bachelor or Masters or PhD degree, in data science or statistics or similar.
- Teaching experience or working experience in a similar capacity is desirable but not essential.
- Able to convey information in a clear, concise and interesting manner
- Able to work cooperatively as a member of a team and manage groups at the undergraduate level
- Be able to start work from 17 April 2023, full-time for a period of at least 2 years.
- Competency in R Programming
- Competency in Data Visualization Techniques
- Competency in Machine Learning Techniques
- Competence in interpreting and communicating numerical information.
- Interest in academic interaction with adults from all disciplines.
- Being proactive and reflective about teaching practice.
Your application package should comprise the following. Deadline for application: 28 February 2023
- Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Transcripts
- If available, evidence of effective teaching; e.g. student feedback and evaluations
- Teaching Philosophy: A statement of teaching philosophy, including goals and approaches
- Teaching History: A summary of modules taught (if applicable)
(Please submit above items 1 to 4. For item 5, we will provide instructions to successful candidates).
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of the Sr Dy President & Provost
Department : Undergraduate Education
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18773