Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical Engineering
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post Doc to work on …
- An Externally funded project under VRI-Theme IV- Smart Transmission-Distribution for the project Microgrids operation and control”.
- The candidate is expected to provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include but are not limited to: (i) The ability to present research plans/ findings in a convincing style, (ii) work towards technology transfer to industry - both in oral and written modes of communication, (iii) understand research group management and supervision of others, (iv) establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, and (v) organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Execution of the research project as per the plan
- Maintenance and progress of the research lab
- Assist the faulty in Supervising the MSc/PhD thesis related to the above research project. Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with specialization in power systems, renewable integration, power electronics, drives. (Those who are in the final semester of their PhD degree can apply and will be considered for research assistant position until they successfully defend their PhD and submit PhD degree certificate).
- Should have credited graduate level courses related to power systems, control systems, power electronics, electric drives, ANN and Fuzzy control, adaptive control and model predictive control
- PhD gained from and/or experience working in a top 500 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 year of increasingly accountable relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- At least 1 lead author publication in a Q1 journal in the relevant field
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time