Post Doctoral Fellow
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- To provide high quality research support and undertake competitive research and development aimed at atmospheric water generation activities, including testing of commercial systems and development of innovative capture as well as air/water analysis and testing solutions.
- The primary purpose of the role is to perform specific research and operating tasks related to the project led by Khalifa University on atmospheric water generation. The candidate will manage data acquisition and modelling of the data procured onsite and support the atmospheric water generation platform across multiple sites which will involve experimental design, pilot operation and maintenance, student and staff management, modelling of data, and executive reports drafting.
- The postdoctoral fellow will be expected to engage actively to acquire new and unique skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize discussions with relevant contractors and stakeholders.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the investigators (Dr. Ludovic Dumee and Prof. Samuel Mao).
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Investigators and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the reporting and dissemination of the results, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Investigators.
- Support the Principal Investigators and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, or Materials Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- Experience in industrial project management and reporting;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture;
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and to supervise other staff members
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and on tight deadlines
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
- Clear expertise in water quality and water treatment
- Previous industry and large scale project management
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time