- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $91,644 + 17% superannuation
- 02 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Mar 2024
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Two, Full time, fixed term positions
- Opportunity to provide testing and test analysis expertise for the Sydney Future Students team
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Test Analyst will provide testing and test analysis expertise for the Sydney Future Students team. Working under the direction of the Test Manager and Test Lead, the Test Analyst will identify, analyse, and document detailed test investigations and provide testing expertise across the testing lifecycle. This role will have a major focus on test requirements gathering and analysis, test scenarios identification, test cases creation and maintenance, test execution, defect resolution and testing progress reporting.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- assist in raising the profile of testing by establishing, developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with key University stakeholders on behalf of Sydney Future Students
- follow test methodology and test strategy to provide a high-quality testing service for the Sydney Future Students team
- report results, issues, progress and other important information using the agreed procedure
- effective testing of test cases and scenarios for each appropriate test phase
- prepare test analysis content to document the scope of functional testing for features configured/built in the core product and associated products.
- tertiary qualifications - in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- demonstrated experience as a Test Analyst including experience in functional and non-functional testing
- critical thinking skills, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills in test analysis and execution of major systems
- test analysis including requirements analysis, technical specification analysis, modelling system behaviour, investigative testing carried out with high attention to important details
- demonstrated understanding and practical experience of University student administration processes and systems.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Stacey Nipper, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 12 March 2023 11:59 PM