Lecturer in Health & Social Care
- GLOBAL BANKING SCHOOL
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £43,000 per annum
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
REPORTS TO TITLE: Associate Dean
BUSINESS FUNCTION/ SUB-FUNCTION: Academic
LOCATION: West London & East London
SALARY: £43,000 per annum
A lecturer is responsible for performing of a range of lecturing, administration, professional duties, and activities to deliver the highest quality of education to our students. As a lecturer you are responsible for engaging students in the learning processes to ensure student outcomes are maximised. You are also responsible for the teaching and development of a range of subjects across the curriculum.
ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All aspects of planning, delivering, and assessing student work, ensuring that all learning outcomes are met.
- Develop, update, and improve course materials as appropriate.
- Use a variety of learning and teaching methods/materials including live online learning.
- Attend meetings as required, to contribute to the decision-making process and to develop productive working relationships within the various teams you will be engaged with.
- To actively be involved in staff development activities and peer observations
- Understand and keep up to date with student support to ensure our students have the full support and guidance they need.
- To participate in the GBS performance management programme, meeting a range of clearly defined objectives for student outcomes, student satisfaction, retention and attendance.
- Undertake administrative duties as agreed with your line manager
- Take on other responsibilities as required to support the work of GBS.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You will hold qualifications at least Master’s level and will usually hold a PhD or be able to demonstrate equivalent high level professional experience in a related area
- Teaching qualifications: PGCHE, MA in HE Practice or FHEA etc
- Previous lecturing experience for similar courses
- Experience supervising student work and providing support and feedback
- Experience teaching in the wider subject area.
- Experience with distance learning and supporting learners both online and face to face.
- Professional conduct in all interactions with staff and students.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant subject matter.
- Attention to detail and accurate reporting.
- Ability to maintain thorough and organised student records.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
The Lecturer will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- to GBS values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- the GBS’s Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of GBS’s Environmental Policy.
- to their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.
Prior to next steps in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in GBS recruitment experience. Contact our Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.
GBS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic. GBS makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.