Assistant Professor, Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health and Institute of Data Science
4 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is recruiting one full-time staff to be jointly appointed in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) and Institute of Data Science (IDS). The position is on a tenure track appointment. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members may be eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research. They will also have the opportunity to advise PhD students from both IDS and SSHSPH programmes. Candidates relocating to Singapore may be eligible for subsidised university accommodation.
We seek candidates who are passionate about taking a transdisciplinary approach to advance AI research to address challenges in healthcare. Researchers active in one or more of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply
- Development and optimisation of machine learning methods and data analysis in healthcare to improve quality of care and population health management solutions.
- Promoting the systemic uptake of research findings to advance positive outcomes in clinical, organisational or policy contexts.
Candidates should demonstrate excellent research potential, and a strong commitment to teaching. Experience in AI research involving representation learning, causality in machine learning, and continual learning is preferred. Candidates should be keen to engage with industrial collaborators, policy-makers and scholarly communities in Asia and around the world, producing and communicating work that has an impact on the important issues related to AI in healthcare.
- Recognized Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) with strong post-doctoral research records;
- Track record of publishing in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals;
- Experienced in leading independent research studies or a component within larger research programs;
- Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding;
- Ability to teach public health courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Applicants should send a single .zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following documents as clearly labelled individual PDF files:
- A short cover letter mentioning your research interests.
- Curriculum Vitae, including a full publication list
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Contact information of at least 3 referees that may be contacted if shortlisted
Interested candidates are encouraged to find out more at https://www.sph.nus.edu.sg and https://ids.nus.edu.sg/.