Research Assistant, Department of Medicine
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Jul 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Description Essential function
- Create source documents for clinical trials/ study.
- Establish, maintain accurate records of all clinical study documents.
- Organize, distribute, track, file and archive all clinical study documentation including protocols, Consent forms, CRFs, clinical reports, product traceability and communications with ethics committee and clinical investigators (if any).
- Track and assist with clinical study amendments and clinical study renewal.
- Discuss study protocols with patients and verify the informed consent documentation. Informing participants about study objectives, and administering questionnaires.
- Provide patient with written communication of their participation (i.e. copy of the signed informed consent).
- Collect, process, and store blood/urine specimens at scheduled patient visits.
- Complete and maintain case report forms as per guidelines and review them against the patient’s medical record for completeness and accuracy.
- Collect supplies and ensure everything is accounted for such as lab kits, blood draw kits, ancillary supplies, and investigational medication.
- Perform laboratory experiments, sample processing utilizing specific and prescribed techniques and equipment’s.
- May perform routine logging and/or testing of samples.
- Ensure the maintenance of safety records & equipment such as spill control kits, first aid kits, and eyewash facilities.
- Participate in weekly research meetings Performs related laboratory maintenance such as maintaining and cleaning equipment’s and ordering supplies.
- May process orders or invoices, or undertake other clerical and simple accounting duties under the direction of the Sn manager.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Sn manager and the Principal investigator
The applicant Must:
- Only Singaporeans or PR.
- Hold Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences/Life Sciences/Clinical Sciences/Medical technology, with at least 2 years of relevant professional experience performing the knowledge and tasks.
- Hold CRC certification.
- Independent, with strong emphasis on positive attitude and enthusiasm for science.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience
Please submit your application via email, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history and full contacts of 3 referees by 31 July 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15765