Research Associate in Energy Studies Institute (Energy System Modelling)
6 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute at the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
The Energy and the Environment Division has a vacancy for Research Associate in the fields of energy systems modelling and analysis, environmental sciences or other related quantitative research fields. The researcher will support ongoing research projects of the division.
- Develop strong modelling research that contribute to project deliverables.
- Contribute to project presentations and reports, and publish articles in reputable academic journals.
- Carry out administrative tasks, including the organising of seminars and workshops, management of student interns, and other tasks assigned by the PI.
- Possess a Master’s degree in the fields of energy and climate economics, energy systems modelling, operations research, management science, or other related quantitative research fields.
- A good understanding and interest in energy, climate change and related policy issues, such as energy supply and demand, regional power grids, energy and the environment, climate change and the Paris Agreement.
- A good knowledge of programming language (e.g., Python).
- Relevant research experience in climate change modelling, energy systems modelling, power sector analysis, power sector optimization would be an advantage.
- Relevant working and practical experience in industry or government agencies in the area of energy and environment would be highly valuable.
- Relevant research experience on the ASEAN region would be an advantage.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate. If you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department : Energy Studies Institute
Job requisition ID : 19218