Professor in Strategy and Leadership
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- Paisley, Renfrewshire (GB)
- Salary £67,542 to £87,215 per annum depending on experience
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
School of Business and Creative Industries
Paisley or Lanarkshire Campus
THE POST – Professor in Strategy and Leadership
The School of Business and Creative Industries is seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Management, Organisations and People as a Professor in Strategy and Leadership. You will join an enthusiastic team committed to delivering teaching, research and academic enterprise that contributes to the School and the University’s strategic ambitions. You will have opportunities to help build the reputation and profile of our School as a leading contributor to the economic and social development of the communities in which we work as well as engage in exciting international opportunities.
All UWS Professors are expected to make a significant contribution to the activities of the University whether through teaching and associated educational activities, development of research initiatives and strategies and/or to management, policy development and leadership roles whether at Division, School or University levels. All Professors are expected to contribute to the development and direction of the University community by providing relevant academic leadership. Academic leadership involve providing research and/or teaching leadership in their discipline whether in their own Division, School or more widely in University-wide capacity; leading research teams or by contribution to interdisciplinary research themes; educational leadership of the discipline within the School of Business and Creative Industries; and, academic leadership through knowledge transfer activities. This post will carry with it leadership responsibility in the School’s research groupings, including the Social Impact Leadership and Management (SILM) group. It is expected that the successful candidate will make a significant contribution in terms of outputs, authorising impact case studies and strengthening the research environment of UoA17, Business and Management.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Doctorate in relevant subject area
- Extensive experience as a scholar/researcher, ideally with an international reputation, in strategy and leadership
- Demonstrable experience of research leadership, with 3 or 4 star outputs, impact case development and research grouping leadership
- Ideally, experience of leading and supporting mKTPs
- Evidence of strategy/policy work, nationally and internationally
- Evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future, including realising the research and REF potential of a substantial mKTP portfolio; or be able to demonstrate the synergies (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
The post can be based at the Paisley or Lanarkshire Campus. However, you may be required to work at any UWS campus or location from time to time to meet needs of the organisation.
University of the West of Scotland is a dynamic, modern, multi-campus university but with origins dating back to 1897. UWS is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 of universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) and in the top 150 of universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). We have five campuses: four across west and southwest Scotland and one in central London.
UWS School of Business & Creative Industries is a vibrant community delivering innovative learning and teaching alongside a rapidly developing research and enterprise profile. You will join a supportive and motivating work environment with a multicultural, multidisciplinary community of scholars and students from around the world. Find out more about our School of Business & Creative Industries.
Competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities
Informal enquiries about the role, can be made to Ron Livingstone, Head of Division, by email to email@example.com
Further information on the post can be found here, and details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing date: Sunday 19th March 2023
Interview date: Monday 3rd April 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520