Associate Professor/Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- UNIVERSITY OF SHARJAH
- United Arab Emirates (AE)
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Sociology
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The University of Sharjah announces two vacancies in Sociology at the Professorship or Associate Professorship ranks with an expertise in “Criminology (Criminal Justice)” or in “Development Policies”.
The candidate will teach courses within the PhD and MA programs, and offer supervisions for the MA and PhD theses, and will be active in research and has a record of peer-refereed publications.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Teaching courses within the candidate's area of specialization in the MA and PhD programs and in applied sociology, and offers supervisions of MA and PhD theses.
- Conducting research and disseminating it in peer-refereed publications.
- Contributing to the cycles of academic accreditation, institutional effectiveness, and quality assurance.
- Serving on Departmental, College, and University committees.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in Sociology (from an English-speaking university), specializing in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- Minimum of 10 years of academic experience in the candidate’s area of specialization.
- Consistency in the academic field of the earned university degrees.
- Published peer-refereed research.
- Ability to teach courses and supervise theses in Arabic and English.
- Distance-learning and blended-teaching skills.
- Computer skills.
- Experience with the Credit-hours university system.