Research Assistant, Biological Sciences
1 day left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are a structural biology lab seeking a Research Assistant to work on a research project focused on the structure and function of a protein complex involved in adaptive immunity. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a strong background in basic molecular, biochemical, and cell culture techniques. Candidates with an interest in pursuing a PhD in structural biology, particularly in cryo-EM technology, are encouraged to apply. We particularly welcome candidates with demonstrated experience or publications in molecular/microbiology.
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- BSc or MSc in Structural Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology.
- Skill & knowledge:
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Experience in lab management or interest in developing skills in this area. Proficiency in office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as some IT skills.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 19185