Research Assistant, Biological Sciences
1 day left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Agriculture, Food & Forestry, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The successful candidate will work with Project Investigator on the shelf-life extension of leafy greens under a project on Sustainable Urban Food Production.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
The Research Assistant will support various research activities of the project.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI, and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate routine study activities workflow
- Assist with the development of data collection
- Support in data analysis and report writing
- Provide regular updates to PI and other research staff
- Work independently as well as in a team to ensure smooth study execution
- Other duties to support research activities, as needed
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- At least a degree or diploma in Biological Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences/ horticulture, Environment Science, or any related field with at least 1 year of experience.
- Basic working knowledge of laboratory equipment and experiment design
- Knowledge of growing and maintaining plants, conducting biochemical assays for assessing plant growth and development
- Highly organized and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
- Good scientific writing skills and excellent communication skills
- Proficient in IT skills
- Willing to learn new skills
- Preferably good knowledge of growing plants in hydroponics /substrate, and plant physiological response to environmental stimuli would be an added advantage.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 19187