Research Assistant, MACC - Dementia Biomarkers
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Memory Aging & Cognition Centre (MACC) is a Research Center within the National University Health System funded by the Singapore National Medical Research Council that focuses on the study of dementia and cognitive impairment in the elderly. The MACC currently has 4 research themes on biomarker discovery, neuroimaging, clinical assessment and epidemiology.
There is an opportunity for a qualified candidate with interests in dementia biomarkers to join the MACC in a Research Assistant role to study blood biomarkers of Alzheimer’s disease and vascular cognitive impairment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the PI and Research Fellows to perform academic research on blood-based biomarkers (proteins, lipids and nucleic acids) and their associations with cognition, neuroimaging and other clinical outcomes in MACC observational and clinical trial cohorts
- Assist the PI and Research Fellows to provide supervision and training to research students
- Assist the PI and Research Fellows to validate blood biomarkers in Singaporean and global populations
- Support Senior staff in providing expertise to work with collaborators on the design and analyses of biomarker studies.
- Perform blood banking data entry, data quality, data storage / backup and data sharing services for the MACC and its collaborators.
- Support Senior staff in providing training for MACC staff and users (seminars, workshops and tutorials) in biomarker studies
The candidate should possess:
- A Bachelors or higher degree in Biomedical or Life Sciences.
- Past experience in biomarker-related wet lab-based research or neuroscience (dementia or cognitive impairment) would be an advantage.
The candidate should possess the ability to work independently (with training) in a highly collaborative and international research environment, and be able to demonstrate initiative, creativity, technical independence and excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will be expected to be self-motived in biomarker research projects within the MACC under the supervision of the MACC Director and MACC PIs and collaborators in NUHS and Duke-NUS, as well as to undertake independent research.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees.
Ms Amelia Yam (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms Giselle Pantaleon (Email: email@example.com) We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Pharmacology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 19205