Teaching Assistant, Biotech (Biological Sciences)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Teaching Assistant will work with multiple module coordinators and teaching staff across the MSc in Biotechnology programme to coordinate resources and schedules, implement pedagogical improvements, introduce module and programme changes, and support practicals and tutorials (including assessment and student progress) through the programme. The successful applicant should be familiar with a broad range of modern quantitative biotechnology and biotechnology applications.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for three referees
- BS with honours in a biotechnology-related field (e.g., Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, biomedical engineering, bioinformatics)
- Demonstrated interest and experience in university-level education
- Bioinformatics skills (including R or Python programming) highly desirable.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 18365