The Centre for Advanced 2D Materials at the National University of Singapore is a highly international and multidisciplinary environment with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. The candidate will work in a laboratory dedicated to separation processes on projects exploring the application of 2D materials on membranes for gases and liquids separation and purification.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with materials synthesis and preparation for membrane fabrication
- Work with sample preparation and characterization, including systematic results reporting and quality control
- Work with experimental setup for separation processes
- Perform laboratory analyses, evaluate results, and clearly present reports to the team and suggest new pathways
- Design, establish and write standard operating procedures, risk assessments and effective experimental plans for assigned equipment and processes
- Calibrate/maintain assign equipment
- Manage general laboratory inventory (e.g., consumable inventory)
- Work collaboratively with partnering collaborators and research groups
- Work in a laboratory environment with a team of multidisciplinary and multicultural researchers
- Participate in routine housekeeping
- Review and understand scientific and technical literature
- Candidates must hold an internationally recognized diploma (polytechnic), bachelor's or master's degree in chemistry, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science/engineering or a related field
- Laboratory work as a team player with self motivation, proactivity, intellectual curiosity and good communication skills
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Centre for Advanced 2D Materials
Department: Experimental Group
Job requisition ID: 19206