Instructor, Department of Pharmacology
1 day left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine invites applications for an Instructor position on the Educator Track Scheme in the Department of Pharmacology. The Department teaches medical, dental, nursing, pharmacy, and life science students at both undergraduate and graduate levels (more information on the Department is available at http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/medphc/). Appointments will be offered on a 2 to 3 years contract basis in the first instance with possibility of extension, depending on performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will report to the Head of Department and work closely with the Education Directors to contribute to excellence in pharmacology education.
The instructor will be expected to contribute in practical and tutorial sessions
- adopt a reflective and professional approach to teaching and learning strategies
- show scholarly engagement with pedagogical issues such as the impact of teaching on student learning
- contribute to materials development on courses taught in the department
- contribute to the department’s education related projects and initiatives
(Please state Qualification, Years of Experience, Knowledge & Skills required.)
The applicant should have:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree with good knowledge, skills and expertise in Pharmacology, Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences or other related fields
- Teaching experience with evidence of expertise in academic writing will be preferred
- Potential for development on the educator track.
- Moving to a lecturer position on the educator track will require a PhD in the relevant field
- Reflective and professional approach to teaching and student learning.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.