Postdoctoral Fellow, Psychology
1 day left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Psychology
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Yale-NUS College is a highly selective liberal arts and science college in Singapore. Co-founded by Yale University and the National University of Singapore, the College is committed to excellence in research and teaching in a full residential programme that integrates living and learning. Its curriculum educates students in Asian and Western intellectual traditions as well as current scientific thought.
The Mindsets & Motivation Lab at Yale-NUS College seeks to hire a Post-doctoral Fellow to join exciting research on life-long learning, mindsets, and motivation.
The central project is a longitudinal, multi-methodological study of the factors that lead adults to pursue life-long learning opportunities in Singapore. These questions will be studied through surveys, focus groups, and interviews. The Fellow will contribute to all aspects of the project, such as design, data collection, coding, data analysis, writing manuscripts, and follow-up grant proposals.
The Fellow will also be encouraged to join other projects in the lab and to initiate their own collaborative research related to motivation, goals, mindsets or similar topics. Writing and publishing data are a priority; the Fellow will be expected to serve as a lead author as well as co-author on papers and presentations. Thus, the Fellow must be self-driven, highly reliable, and able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
This position is funded through a Workforce Development Applied Research Fund (WDARF) grant by SkillsFuture Singapore Agency. The period of appointment will be at least one year, with possibility of extension depending on the project status and budget.
Candidates who are Singaporean, who lived long-term in Singapore, and/or who have a deep understanding of the Singaporean cultural context are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. at the time of hiring. Degrees in psychology (social, personality, industrial/organizational) or in organizational behavior will be given preference, although applicants from other disciplines with the relevant skills and interests are also encouraged to apply (e.g., developmental and educational psychology, sociology).
- Experience conducting longitudinal survey research and experimental lab research in psychology or related disciplines.
- Experience conducting and analyzing qualitative research (interviews, focus groups) is preferred.
- Strong track record of publishing research in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals.
- Expertise in statistical analyses, including regression techniques, ANOVA, and longitudinal data analyses (in SPSS, R, Mplus, or similar software). Experience in structural equation modeling and multilevel modeling is highly desired.
To apply for this position, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Curriculum Vitae
- 1-2 page research statement, and
- Contact information for 3-4 referees familiar with your research and work ethic.
Review of applications begins immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. For general inquiries, please email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Yale-NUS College achieves excellence through the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff and by embracing inclusivity, equity, and global engagement. We encourage applications by diverse individuals with a demonstrated commitment to these values. For more information about the College, please visit https://www.yale-nus.edu.sg.
Personal Data Protection Act:
Candidates should understand that by sharing information with Yale-NUS, they authorise the College to use their personal data for the purposes of this application. The College will not use their data for other purposes and ensure that their data remains secure and confidential.
At Yale-NUS College/NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make Yale-NUS/NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with Yale-NUS/NUS.