Research Assistant (Family Medicine)
1 day left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Department of Family Medicine (DFM) at NUHS was established in 2017 with the aim of supporting the Division of Family Medicine within the Yon Loo Lin School of Medicine of the National University of Singapore (NUS). DFM is composed of a multidisciplinary team of clinicians, researcher, medical educators, and administrators. DFM provides an exciting and dynamic place in which people of diverse backgrounds collaborate towards the common goals of achieving achieve excellence in Family Medicine education, research and practice.
As part of our efforts to significantly increase our research capacity, we are looking to appoint a highly motivated and skilled Research Assistant (candidates with Masters will be considered for Research Associate) to support DFM’s research workplans and activities. He/she will play a key role in strategizing and supporting in developing and expanding DFM’s research capabilities to achieve its research mission of improving the lives of people receiving primary care. Our research spans across a wide range of areas: chronic diseases, including mental health, cancer care and multimorbidity; healthy longevity; family orientation; and quality of care, including continuity and coordination.
- Bachelors or Masters in Life Sciences, Health & Social Sciences
- Experience in planning, managing and implementing healthcare-related research projects, from conception to completion, in a University setting.
- Advise department researchers in matters pertaining to local and institutional research compliance and ethics regulations.
- Excellent organisation, coordination, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
1) Lead team in supporting department with grant and IRB/DSRB applications. Liaise with relevant stakeholders in preparing research agreements
- Advisor for department researchers in local and institutional research compliance and ethics regulations.
- Monitor and advisor for grant submissions and fund utilisation.
- Supervises research administrative team in providing excellent administration,
- Support in preparing grant applications, propose budget and plan project timelines for submissions
- Support in IRB/DSRB applications, track progress, answer enquiries when required.
- Liaise with stakeholders in drafting research agreements to ensure compliance.
2) Grants Management & Administrative Duties
- Track grants’ utilisation on a monthly basis. Generate and prepare financial reports to update department.
- Support academic staff in preparing, submitting and following up on grant variations.
- Support in the recruitment of research expertise to expand the department’s capabilities. Draft job descriptions, arrange interviews etc.
- Track research staff’s employment contracts and follow-up on renewals or lapses.
- Lead team in procurement and finance matters related to research projects.
- Manage the online repository of documents related to research matters to ease use by department members.
3) Strategic Research Matters
- Work with Head of Department and Research Director to strategise, lead and Support department in developing strategic research related workplans.
- Manage department research projects’ timelines to ensure it is on track to achieve its desired outcomes.
- Track the progress of the department's key research performance indicators.
- Prepare periodic reports and presentations to update senior management and stakeholders
- Secretariat duties such as organising regular meetings. Plan and collate agendas, prepare discussion materials, record minutes and track progress of follow up items.
4) Research Events and Outreach
- Support research unit in identifying speakers and topics for the regular research forums and workshops.
- Lead team in design and circulate fliers, book venues, set up virtual meeting, apply for CME points and submit attendances to Singapore Medical Council (SMC).
- Lead team in providing onsite support for events held in person.
- Collate feedback and prepare evaluation reports for research unit.
- Lead time to organise overseas experts’ visits by planning programme, booking flights, accommodation etc.
The position is full-time for 1 year in the first instance, depending on project commitments and candidate’s career objectives.
The application should include a CV and a cover letter that describes the applicant’s specific interest in joining the Dept of Family Medicine. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18407