Research Fellow (Metabolic Lab)
7 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Fellow (Metabolic Lab) in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 1- year contract basis renewable.
Purpose of the post
The staff will provide support in managing established research laboratory, in the Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology. He/She shall be the overall in charge for lab operations, ensuring strict compliance based on NUS OSHE.
Main Duties and Responsibilities - Research
- to perform lab experiments and carry out assigned experiments
- to work on primary human cell culture, molecular biology, biochemistry and microscopy
- to organise, preserve and present the results of the experiments in a logical manner
- to properly and systematically record all experiments that have been assigned and their results modification and validation of methods of scientific research and relevant scientific theories
- to assist in supervising, training and guiding attachment/undergraduate students where required work closely with clinicians, specializes in in vivo physiology and metabolic phenotyping in humans
- to work on the statistical data analysis
Main Duties and Responsibilities - Laboratory
- Designated Lab Safety Lead and management existing equipment setup
- To manage and update laboratory safety related documents such as SOPs, Risk assessments, and laboratory personnel safety training certifications
- Designated Biological and chemical spill responder
- First aid responder
- First point of contact for the Institute’s staffs and students on all Safety & Health (S& H) matters, to provide guidance, advice and technical assistance to all related parties to ensure compliance with statutory and other requirements
- Point of contact for RFM and Department of Medicine safety team on lab safety and lab inspection/audit matters.
- Lead lab in all lab safety audits
- Managed disposal of chemical and biohazardous waste
- Conduct safety briefing for new staffs, students and contractors prior to them starting work in the lab
Main Duties and Responsibilities - Strategy Planning and Development
- Implement, monitor, plan, coordinate and implement safety management system on site to adopt S&H best practices in the Institute
- Advise and assist with all licence application/renewal/termination
- Managed, plan and coordinate equipment maintenance/calibration and service contracts
- Conduct lab inspection regularly to identify and assess any unsafe condition in the worksite/work practice and to recommend practicable measures to remedy the work condition/practice and any other duties as required
The applicant should:
PhD in Science/Biochemistry; major in biology, immunology, biochemistry or other related scientific field
- Demonstrated basic knowledge and skills in supporting various research activities;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature and attention to detail;
- Relevant clinical research and laboratory experience will be advantageous
- Self-driven, independent mature worker, who is well-organized and has the ability to multitask.
- Possess good interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills
- Independent mature worker who is well-organized and multitask
- Able to communicate effectively with other members of the study team
- Strong analytical or quantitative skills Experience in statistical software will be advantageous
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 recent referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18413