Research Fellow, Biomedical Engineering
5 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with hands-on experience in biospectroscopy and optical bioimaging instrumentation design and development to work on biomedical/biological applications at the Optical Bioimaging lab, BME/NUS. The candidates are expected to work on the following areas: Raman microspectroscopy, nonlinear optical microscopy (CARS, SRS, SHG, THG, TPEF, etc) and super-resolution microscopy systems design and development, optical alignments and detections, control software and algorithm design, biomedical images acquisition and image processing.
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent (For Research Engineer and Research Associate positions).
- A PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent (For Research Fellow positions).
- The candidates should have strong hands-on experience in one or more of the technical areas.
- The candidates should also have strong track record in scientific publications.
- Candidates with strong communication skills in both oral and written English are preferred.
- Entry level graduates are also welcome to apply.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Biomedical Engineering