Research Fellow, Influences of Genetic Variants on Cardiovascular Diseases
5 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- To conduct research under the guidance of the Principal Investigator to investigate the influences of genetic variants on cardiovascular diseases and the underlying mechanisms, using cell and molecular biology techniques.
- To design experiments and perform risk assessments.
- To optimise and perform experiments, and collect, record and analyse experimental data.
- To provide input into the design of experiments and the preparation of research grants and scientific papers for publication.
- To participate in general laboratory activities related to the research.
Essential qualifications, knowledge and experience
- PhD in a biomedical sciences, biological sciences or a related, relevant subject.
- Substantial expertise and experience in cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Evidence of research productivity (e.g. first author in research publications).
Desirable knowledge and experience
- Experience and skills in cardiovascular research and/or molecular genetics.
- Experience in genome editing techniques.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18704