Research Engineer, Chemical Engineering - Boron Project
2 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Water treatment
- Reverse osmosis (RO) membrane development for boron removal that meets the project targets
- Synthesis/Preparation of nanoparticles for membrane modification
- Familiar with boron and RO membrane experiments and data analysis
- Familiar with characterizations of membrane (chemical properties, surface properties, morphology etc.)
- Literature review and paper writing
- A Master's or Ph.D. degree in the field of Chemical/Environmental Engineering.
- Possess knowledge or great interest in water treatment, membrane sciences, polymer sciences, membrane separation process, and instrumental methods for analysis.
- Prior experience with research in membrane science is highly preferred.
- Experienced with operating analytical instruments such as spectrophotometer, ICP, mass spectroscopy, SEM, etc.
- Time management and data analytic skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Able to carry out experiments independently as well as work with a team.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18425