Associate Professor in Nursing
- UNIVERSITY OF CANBERRA
- Canberra, Australia
- $155,453 pa - $170,982 pa + 17% Super
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Join our dynamic and passionate team of professionals to inspire and grow our teaching and research Discipline of Nursing.
- Academic Level D, Salary Range $155,453 pa - $170,982 pa + 17% Super
- Full Time, Continuing Opportunity
UC has curiosity, ambition and inclusiveness at its core. We challenge the status quo through the pursuit of excellence in teaching, learning and research. Our place-based commitment ensures that we visibly serve Canberra’s community and the surrounding region with impact on the nation. We’re proudly recognised as number one in the world for reducing inequalities (THE, 2022).
Make a significant contribution to the undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching and research in the Discipline of Nursing which includes the opportunity to complete a term as Discipline Lead.
In this role you will be stakeholder focused and driven to develop and maintain effective relationships with industry, professional bodies, government departments and community groups relevant to the Faculty and Discipline.
This role requires strong leadership combined with the ability to foster excellence in staff performance and positive organisational culture.
Your drive to strengthen the scholarship of teaching and learning, and to develop innovative teaching methodologies and curricula will ensure the degrees are meeting the needs of the current and future workforce.
You will also be expected to initiate and develop a collaborative research program that attracts sustainable external funding; attract, mentor and develop postgraduate research students.
To be considered you will need a
- PhD in Nursing (or a related field)
- Be registered with AHPRA as a Nurse in Australia
- A track record of research publications, higher degree research student supervision and success in securing competitive grant funding relative to Level of Appointment;
- A demonstrated ability to provide high quality education to undergraduate and post graduate students;
- Evidence of mentoring and supervising early to mid-career researchers (highly desired);
- High level interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate and establish effective relationships with staff, students and industry stakeholders;
- Previous academic leadership experience (desirable).
The University offers excellent conditions and benefits such as flexible, family-friendly policies, on site gym, on site medical services, a supermarket and childcare facilities.
Connected – A Decadal Strategy 2023-2032 sets a goal to be the national sector leader in equity, diversity, inclusion and access, and the ambitious goals of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Strategic Plan are designed to ensure that our Indigenous students and staff flourish in a welcoming and culturally safe environment. UC encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups.
The University of Canberra is committed to the safety of vulnerable and young people. As such, successful applicants will be required to have a current ACT working with vulnerable people registration. For further details on how to apply please click https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au
To be considered for this role please submit your CV, along with a cover letter outlining why this role is of interest to you.
Please ensure you take the time to align your CV with the Position Description requirements. We want to understand how your skills and experience relate to the position you are applying for.
If you are initially shortlisted, you may be asked to complete an online one-way video interview.
Working Rights: Applicants who wish to apply for this position should have valid working rights or eligibility to obtain a work visa for Australia.
For job specific information: please contact Professor Jenny Weller-Newton on 0418544152or email Jenny.Weller-Newton@canberra.edu.au
Recruitment and application questions: please contact the Talent Acquisition team on 02 6206 3867 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 11:55 pm, Sunday 26th March 2023