Research Engineer (R and D - ALD / PVD / PECVD Process)
7 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Fabrication of large-area high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon wafer solar cells (>26%) and large-area perovskite-silicon tandem solar cells (>30%)
- Research focusing on the following:
- Performing design-of-experiments (DOE) to obtain optimised processes on pilot-scale ALD, PVD and/or PECVD equipment
- Develop and/or optimize dielectric coatings, TCO films for optimal optics, surface passivation and low resistive contacts
- Develop and/or optimize absorber films for optimal electronic properties and surface passivation
- Fabricate high-efficiency silicon heterojunction and/or perovskite-silicon tandem solar cells
- Effectively contribute to project team(s) for solar cell efficiency improvements
- Effectively plan & communicate ideas and results to the team and assist in developing new processes and improving existing processes
- Carry out processes for high-efficiency silicon wafer and tandem solar cells as needed involving operation of tools such as: ALD, PECVD, sputtering, evaporation, slot-die coating, wet-chemical tools, tube furnaces, laser tool, screen-printing, curing/firing furnace, etc.
- Assist the group with processing and characterisation services for various company-funded and public-funded projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Materials Sciences with specialization in Silicon Photovoltaics or Microelectronics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in silicon wafer or perovskite solar cell fabrication and metrology, or other relevant silicon or perovskite device fabrication experience.
- Researchers with prior experience on development of large-area silicon wafer or large-area perovskite solar cells will be preferred. Experience with silicon heterojunction and perovskite-silicon tandem technologies is a plus.
- Required to work in semiconductor cleanroom, glovebox and characterisation laboratories.
- Expertise in DOE software, AutoCAD or relevant grid design tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (in English) skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department : Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17444