Research Fellow, Nonlinear Optical Microscopy and Super-Resolution Microscopy
7 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available for the project involved in the development of super-resolution nonlinear optical microscopy for label-free nano-imaging.
- Possess a PhD. degree in Physical Optics/ Applied Optics/Applied Physics; Optical Engineering/instrumentation / Biomedical Engineering or related equivalent qualifications.
- Demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas is required: super-resolution microscopy (STED, PALM, STORM, etc), nonlinear optics and microscopy (SRS/CARS, SHG, THG, etc.); fiber-optics and imaging; SERS, near-field optics and surface plasmon; tip-enhanced Raman technique, ultrafast laser technique; laser spectroscopy; optoelectronics.
- Hands-on experience in ultrafast lasers and pulse shaping/spectral focusing are a must.
- Proficiency in programming using C++, Matlab, Labview is advantageous.
- Creativity and independence are highly desirable.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Interested applicant can send his/her application to (1) NUS career portal and (2) a copy of their detailed CV with three references listed via email to:
Prof. Zhiwei Huang at email@example.com / Phone: (65) 6516-8856
Visit: Optical Bioimaging Lab link at https://www.eng.nus.edu.sg/bme/staff/dr-huang-zhiwei/
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15457