Senior Research Fellow, NUS Medicine BSL-3 Core Facility
2 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Other Health & Social Care, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Research Fellow @ NUS Medicine BSL-3 Core Facility
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in the Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) Core Facility, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The SRF aims to identify emerging viral pathogens including SARS-CoV-2 and implement the research projects within BSL-3 Facility. The successful SRF will have the opportunity to lead independent research with career development.
The BSL-3 Core Facility is the largest research-focused biocontainment facility in Singapore. The facility supports research and diagnostic work involving risk group 3 (RG3) pathogens is equipped with a range of laboratory equipment with advanced technologies (including mouse biocontainment units, flow cytometers, aerosol inhalation machine, PET/CT imaging, etc.). Currently, the facility is open to researchers from NUS and other non-NUS institutions to conduct their research on RG3 biological agents. It also supports the Singapore National Public Health Laboratory activities such as RG3 pathogen surveillance and national preparedness for effective disease outbreak management programme.
- PhD in Medical/Clinical Laboratory Science, Biomedical Sciences, Virology or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ postdoctoral research experience, as well as a demonstrated capability to achieve research excellence and develop research programmes and funding proposals, through in-depth knowledge, skills and expertise.
- Provide scientific manpower supports towards scientific research (in vitro and in vivo) on SARS-CoV-2 and other RG3 pathogens within the NUS Medicine BSL-3 Core Facility.
- Coordinate and perform COVID-19 and other RG3 scientific research service support.
- Work with the PIs from various departments to develop new experimental protocols, SOPs and risk assessments for their BSL-3 research work.
- Work with NUHS/NUS Medicine Research Office and BSL-3 facility Scientific Manager to prioritize, facilitate and execute relevant research activities whenever necessary.
- Maintain high scientific standards in the NUS Medicine BSL-3 Core Facility and maintain compliance to all legal & NUS requirements.
- Provide support for sample transfer and storage of clinical samples from NUHS in the BSL-3 facility and maintain an up-to-date inventory of the samples.
- Assist the BSL-3 facility whenever there is a research and training related need.
- Planning and conducting work/training activities, and ensuring adequate staffing levels, time, space and equipment are available.
- Good publication record in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Must be able to communicate and write well in English.
- Must be able to work in a team and conduct independent research.
- Prior experience in virology and molecular biology is required.
- Prior experience in small animal experimentation is required.
- Working experience in BSL-3 or animal BSL-3 laboratory/laboratories will be an added advantage.
- Experience in conducting a research (business) project, manpower, and budget management will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in an environment with radioactive isotope.