Collections Development Senior Library Assistant
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £24,285 to £27,131 Per annum
- 01 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Collections & Digital Library Systems
Location: Hartley Library
Salary: £24,285 to £27,131 Per annum
Full Time Fixed Term for 24 months
Closing Date: Tuesday 21 March 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
Do you like knowing your contribution can make a difference?
Do you have experience analysing and interpreting data from spreadsheets and databases?
Maybe you’d like to come and join our team?
About the Role
We are beginning a major project to update our collection of print books and journals in the Hartley Library. We are looking for people who are confident in understanding and using data. This role will help determine decisions and deliver results for our project. The project is expected to run for 24 months and the posts are full-time (up to 36 hours per week) and fixed term for that period.
You will be part of our Collections Development team. The team work to improve the quality of our print collections and how our students, staff and visitors are able to access those collections. You will need:
- To be familiar with our new collections policy and able to apply this
- To be able to analyse and interpret data and feedback on our collections and how they are, or are not, being used.
- To be willing to contribute to workflows and processes to shape and apply best practice to our stock management processes
- The ability to interact with colleagues in other teams.
You will need to be confident in the use of data and spreadsheets, with search skills and the ability to work with data from different sources. This is a major project and you can expect to be in regular contact with a range of colleagues. You will be experienced in working both as part of a wider team and independently. Essential skills include:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to use your initiative and problem solve
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Working at the University of Southampton:
Check out the staff benefits and why you should join us at The University of Southampton!
The application deadline is midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need assistance, call Recruitment on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email email@example.com. Quote the advert reference 2194923KX on all correspondence.