Assistant/associate/full professor (tenure track) of communication sciences
5 days left
- LUT UNIVERSITY
- LUT University Lappeenranta campus, Finland
- Full professor level up to € 96,800 per annum.
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
LUT School of Engineering Sciences is looking for a professor of communication sciences.
The professorship is located at the Department of Social Sciences of the School of Engineering Sciences at LUT University. The position is at the assistant, associate or full professor level of the tenure track and will be filled through an open call for a fixed term of four years (assistant/associate professor) or permanently (full professor).
In 2022, LUT University received the right to establish a department of Social Sciences and provide education leading to the degrees of B.Sc., M.Sc. and D.Sc. in social sciences and communication sciences. Communication Sciences at LUT University explores communication and interaction, media and communication technology and the role of communication in organizations and sustainable development of the society.
We are looking for dedicated professionals in the fields of organisational and/or strategic communication with a special emphasis on the role of communication in sustainability (e.g., sustainability/CSR communication, environmental communication, responsible organisational communication practices).
Our research currently focuses on the following topics:
- impact of social media in the working life
- digital media technologies and emotions
- science and crisis communication, and
- sustainability communication.
The general duties related to the field of research include the following:
- high-impact international research
- planning and implementation of undergraduate and postgraduate education
- supervision of final theses and postgraduate studies
- acquisition of research funding
- cost-conscious leadership and project management
- preparation of national and international research and education projects
- increasing awareness in a way that serves industries
- close collaboration and interaction with businesses in the field
- taking part in the preparation of projects in other LUT units as an expert
- general administrative work related to the university's operation.
The candidates must present strong research achievements in the focus areas above and proof of successful project work and research collaboration with research institutions and industry. The candidates must have research and teaching merits. Spoken and written fluency in English is also required.
The appointment process description explains the qualification requirements and tenure track appointment criteria. The professorship is located at LUT University’s Lappeenranta campus. The position starts with a six-month trial period.
The salary is determined according to the salary system for university teaching and research personnel. The pay will include an individual pay component based on performance and competence. The annual gross salary for an assistant/associate professor amounts to 46 700 – 62 800 euros and full professor to 65 300 – 96 800 euros depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
The closing date for applications is 28 March 2023 at midnight, Finnish local time (UTC + 3 h). Please submit your application by filling out the online form here https://lut.rekrytointi.com/paikat/index.php?jid=853&o=A_RJ.
For further information, please contact Matti Kojo, associate professor and head of the Department of Social Sciences, email@example.com.
Read more about LUT Social Sciences.
Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we at LUT University seek new solutions with our expertise in technology, business and social sciences. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal. Our international community consists of nearly 8 000 members. Our campuses are in Lappeenranta and Lahti, Finland. We are the world’s ninth best university for climate action.
More searches like this
- Communication & Media Studies Academic Posts jobs in Finland
- Communication & Media Studies Professors / Chairs jobs in Finland
- Communication & Media Studies Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Finland
- Communication & Media Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Finland