Research Associate / Fellow, CIL ASEAN Research Fellowship Public International Law
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Law
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The NUS Centre for International Law (CIL) is launching the CIL ASEAN Research Fellowship Programme (ARF). The objective of the fellowship is to further develop research capabilities and knowledge of scholars and/or government officials from ASEAN member states by immersing them in a dynamic and supportive research environment where they can enhance their understanding of different areas of international law and policy. This is a 12-month fellowship.
The Centre for International Law (CIL) was established in 2009 as a university-level research institute at National University of Singapore (NUS). It is located on the Bukit Timah Campus of NUS, together with the Faculty of Law. As a university-level research institute, CIL engages in both legal and multi-disciplinary research on wide variety of international law issues. Its mission is to enable Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region to play a more significant role in the promotion and development of international law. CIL's vision is to become a regional intellectual hub and thought leader for research on and teaching of international law. More on CIL can be found here: https://cil.nus.edu.sg/
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- The candidate will be expected to assist the director of the CIL in doing research and assist in the preparation of journal articles and book chapters, including topics that are being covered by the International Law Commission.
- The candidate will also be expected to assist with developing and organizing international law panels, webinars and conferences
- The candidate will be expected to complete a publication for possible publication in a recognized journal at the termination of the fellowship.
- CIL will provide a monthly stipend of S$5,000 which includes accommodation. No additional funds will be provided for accommodation.
- Access to professional development opportunities (events, seminars and training programmes) within NUS.
- Opportunities to attend regional and international conferences, workshops and symposiums as well as other scholarly opportunities.
- The candidate should have as a minimum an LLM degree in a field related to public international law from a top national university of their respective country or elsewhere. Experience in law of the sea, climate change or international environmental law is welcome.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong analytical, research and legal writing skills such as having publications in recognized international law journals and books
- The candidate must have strong computer skills
- At least 2 years working experience
- Must be from an ASEAN Member State
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
Interested applicants are invited to apply online with the following supporting documents:
- covering letter detailing their experience, why they want to work at CIL under the ARF Programme and any particular research interests;
- a detailed curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) setting out their educational and work history;
- 1 sample of written work;
- The names and details of 1 Referee
- For any other queries, please contact Sadhna Rai at email@example.com.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Centre for International Law
Department : Centre for International Law
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16944