Research Associate / Research Fellow, Data Scientist
3 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Department of Family Medicine (DFM) at NUHS was established in 2017 with the aim of supporting the Division of Family Medicine within the Yon Loo Lin School of Medicine of the National University of Singapore (NUS). DFM is composed of a multidisciplinary team of clinicians, researcher, medical educators, and administrators. DFM provides an exciting and dynamic place in which people of diverse backgrounds collaborate towards the common goals of achieving achieve excellence in Family Medicine education, research and practice.
As part of our efforts to significantly increase our research capacity, we are looking to appoint a highly motivated and skilled Research Fellow to lead the data science components of our research programmes (Research Associates with outstanding merit will be also considered). The vacancy provides an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to our research programmes for improving the lives of people receiving primary care. Our research spans across a wide range of areas relevant chronic diseases, including mental health, cancer care and multimorbidity; healthy longevity; family orientation; and quality of care, including continuity and coordination. It will offer opportunities of continued interaction with fellow data scientists at the NUS Department of Medical Bioinformatics.
The Research Fellow/Research Associate will have the following duties:
- Acquisition, management and curation of clinical and research data within the NUHS environment according to the relevant ethical and security standards
- Development of new concepts and algorithms in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Contribution to data analysis, reporting and publication of ongoing and new projects using state-of-the-art methods as appropriate to the data and study design.
- Contribution to the preparation of research studies, grant proposals, ethics applications, manuscripts, and oral presentations as led by other team members
- Contribution to the management of research activities including team coordination, mentoring/training of researchers and clinicians in data science and statistics, conducting research workshops and seminars
- Oversight and coordination of data science and biostatistics support staff, and potentially of students
- Up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging trends in data science
- Membership of the DFM research committee
The position is full-time for 1 year in the first instance, depending on project commitments and candidate’s career objectives.
The application should include a CV and a cover letter that describes the applicant’s specific interest in joining the Dept of Family Medicine. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salary will be matched according to the candidate's qualifications and experience.
- A background in data science with a Master’s or PhD degree in Data Science or a closely related field
- Excellent understanding and experience of data science, machine learning and their applications across multiple subject domains as well as appropriate knowledge of related data science topics, including:
- Processing and analyzing large datasets
- Data wrangling & data visualization
- Big Data analysis
- Machine learning
- Proficiency in the use of data analysis environments (R, Matlab)
- Excellent organisation, coordination, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise projects with focus on quality and timely delivery of work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; team spirit
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 17671