Research Fellow, Optical Coherence Tomography for Tissue Imaging
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is immediately available for R&D on optical coherence tomography and bio spectroscopy (florescence, and Raman etc), and bioinstrumentation for endoscopic imaging.
- The candidates should have a PhD degree in one of the following disciplines: Applied Physics/Biophysics, Optical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferably with hands-on experience in fiber-based interferometry, endoscopy, optical instrumentation, biomedical optics and imaging, such as OCT, optical spectroscopy, microscopy, and fiber optics design and fabrication.
- Preferably with experience in cell culture and tissue handlings.
- Proficiency in fiber optics scanning and interferometry design and fabrication, zmax, and programming using C++, Matlab, Labview are advantageous.
- Open to fixed term contract.
Interested candidates are invited to (1) submit their job application via the NUS Career site and (2) a copy of detailed CV together with three references listed to:
Prof. Zhiwei Huang
Optical Bioimaging Lab
Department of Biomedical Engineering
College of Design and Engineering
National University of Singapore
Phone: (65) 6516-8856
Fax: (65) 6872-3069
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14476