Senior Research Scientist, Cancer Science Institute
4 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you a biomedical researcher motivated to pursue an outstanding career in cancer research?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to be at the global forefront of research to overcome this scourge. Our innovative international faculty, cutting-edge facilities, supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Senior Research Scientist to join the team with the essential qualifications listed below.
ESSENTIAL qualifications include:
- A PhD with 3 years’ relevant post-doctoral experience,
- Strong track record of research achievement evidenced by high-quality publications in a relevant field,
- High-level experience in hands-on use of a wide range of relevant research methods including molecular and cell biology, somatic cell genetics, protein & nucleic acid biochemistry, advanced fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry,
- Skills in working independently and creatively to solve experimental problems and
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with experience in communicating scientific work including scientific papers, presentations and reports.
- Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Previous experience in research on genome stability mechanisms in carcinogenesis,
- Knowledge of DNA repair, replication and mitosis in oncogenesis and tumour suppression, and Previous experience with genetically engineered murine models.
More information on careers in NUS can be found at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/
We will only contact candidates who are shortlisted.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.