Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Architecture, Design and Planning
1 day left
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $100,717 p.a. + 17% superannuation
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Architecture, Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs, Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time fixed term 18 months
- Opportunity to develop research project leadership skills in an ARC Discovery Project at The School of Architecture, Design and Planning
- Academic Level A. Base Salary $100,717 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Architecture, Design and Planning at the University of Sydney is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Associate to contribute to an ARC Discovery Project called 'The University and the City', led by Professor Donald McNeill. The project will involve conducting and analysing a significant quantity of qualitative interviews with Australian university stakeholders, including academics, professional staff, students, urban planners, and consultants. It will also include some detailed case studies of Australian and overseas universities.
The successful candidate will have a PhD which demonstrates strong skills in research design and in conducting qualitative research and analysis. You can come from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds, including human geography, sociology, political economy, business, education, and urban planning.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- implement the project research design on a day to day level
- recruit respondents, arrange, and conduct interviews, arrange for transcription and secure storage of the digital files and transcripts
- conduct fieldwork in selected university campuses (there is potential for travel but this is not compulsory)
- work with the research team to develop and refine project themes and concepts
- prepare materials for scholarly publications in journals and conferences
- prepare public-facing materials for social media and respondent feedback.
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who possesses:
- a PhD which has used qualitative research, including qualitative interviewing and data analysis
- a passion for understanding the past and future of universities and their relationship with cities
- strong organisational and communication skills.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 27 March 2023
How to apply
Please click here to apply
© The University of Sydney