Research Engineer, Plant Nanotechnology
6 days left
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate, Research Assistants / Officers, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Positions are available for Research Engineers or Research Assistants in the Lew Lab led by Assistant Professor Tedrick Thomas Salim LEW at the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS). In our lab, we combine approaches from nanotechnology, engineering, chemistry and plant biology to engineer new tools to study plants.
The project aims to develop innovative nanoparticle-based technologies to efficiently deliver proteins and biomolecules for plant engineering, and to monitor plant signalling pathways non-destructively (Lew et al, Nat Plants 2020; Kwak & Lew et al, Nat Nanotech 2019). Trainees will be exposed to a rich and exciting training environment at the emerging field of plant nanotechnology.
We are currently seeking a Research Assistant/Associate to:
- Assist the PI in the management of the research group and its activities
- Help establish technical capabilities in the lab, including bacterial culture and plant growth
- Assist with purchasing of laboratory equipment and consumables
- Help prepare publications and other research outputs
- Conduct research activities in the plant nanotechnology area
Applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, life sciences or related field
- Demonstrated excellence in two of the following areas: biomaterials or nanomaterials synthesis, materials characterization, bioimaging, confocal microscopy, bacteria work, cell culture, genetic engineering, protein purification, bioinformatics
- Prior experience in managing project, laboratory or research funding is preferred
- Great team player with good communication skills
- Responsible and able to work independently
Interested applicants, please write to Tedrick with a detailed CV that includes your
- research interests,
- research experience, and
- 2 references
Competitive salary will be offered to candidates who fulfil the requirements for the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 17206