Manager International Student Services
7 days left
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Provide a comprehensive plan to enhance the overall services provided to KU’s international undergraduate and graduate students, help them gain a positive experience while studying at KU, and fully integrate and adjust to their new life in Abu Dhabi
- Collaborate with the Office of Enrollment in obtaining Government Approvals (Clearances) for newly accepted international students.
- Oversee international students’ onboarding arrangements including travel from their home country to the UAE and welcoming services at the airport.
- Conduct a comprehensive orientation program at the beginning of each semester tailored to familiarize international students’ with KU policies and procedures.
- Work Collaboratively with KU’s Government Relations Office to assist international students in obtaining their EIDs, Resident Visas, UAE Driver’s license, opening bank accounts, obtain local SIM cards, and other necessary services.
- Provide visa and immigration assistance to international students and conduct on-going immigration related programming and workshops to ensure they remain in legal status.
- Maintain current and up-to date knowledge of immigration laws and accurately maintain all aspects of international student immigration records.
- Oversee the support provided to international students with their housing needs before and upon arrival to campus, including collaborating with rental agencies and serviced apartments in Abu Dhabi.
- Oversee arrangement for assistance provided to international students with MoE Applications for Equivalency of their international Diplomas and Transcripts.
- Work in collaboration with various other offices in student support and academic programs.
- Provide strong acculturation programming including trips to malls, grocery stores, and Abu Dhabi city attractions.
- Provide counselling services to help international students deal with culture shock, homesickness, and understanding new norms.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other campus departments to ensure a positive student experience from enrolment through graduation.
- Liaise closely with Director of Student Services providing advice on all matters of policy and procedures, codes of practice and related issues.
- Ensure department’s mission and vision consistent with the goals and objectives of the Department of Academic and Student Services and is regularly reviewed and measured.
- Develop and manage a departmental budget; monitor and approve related expenditures in as required.
- Carry out regular evaluation and quality assurance and implement necessary developmental and corrective actions.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
Required Qualifications :
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master's degree in international education, college counselling, or a related field is preferred.
- Expats A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time