4 days left
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/ Research Engineer to:
- Provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
The candidate will be working on the following tasks
- Development of manipulation system for performing intervention operations in underwater environment.
- Development of Advanced Navigation and Guidance Algorithms for the monitoring systems in underwater environment.
- Development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms for underwater inspection and maintenance tasks.
- Development of a novel deep learning algorithms for video object tracking for underwater robotics video sequences. This includes deep learning in an end-to-end manner, developing pre-trained models, and detection strategies for long term videos.
- Target Identification Using Onboard Vision.
- Annotating underwater robotics datasets for robot perception.
- To test and validate the pertinent algorithms and the developed UVMS prototype by identifying fouling on the cages (i.e., inspection) and de-fouling (i.e., maintenance) in the KU Marine Robotics Pool.
- Effectively collaborate within the KU and international collaborators to achieve project deliverables within prescribed timelines.
- Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results.
- Masters from a reputable university in Robotics related Field (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering. Mechatronics)
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and starting to manage own workload
- Contributing to scientific papers and academic journal articles where possible acting as lead/ corresponding author
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time