Post Doctoral Fellow, Sustainable Development in Construction
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories — “verticals” and “horizontals” — which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on developing a roadmap towards circularity of construction and demolition waste within the UAE construction industry. The hired candidate will be responsible for performing literature reviews, collecting data and analyzing the results, and reporting all data and results to the principal investigator, research community and general community.
Job duties and responsibilities may include:
- Report on the current state of the Circular Economy within the UAE Construction industry and develop a Proposed Framework for implementation within construction industry;
- Report on the main barriers and enablers affecting the adoption of circular economy in the UAE construction industry;
- Validate the proposed framework through case studies within the industry;
- Develop strategies and policy recommendations for the UAE construction companies and policy makers;
- Develop a proposed roadmap towards circularity of construction and demolition waste within the UAE construction industry;
- Dissemination of results through industry workshops, conference presentations, and Q1 publications (four) in relevant journals (throughout the research)
- The hired candidate should be able to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research work and would be based at the main campus.
- Previous research experience within circular economy area is desirable but not required.
- Ideal candidate should have good knowledge of construction industry and must have conducted research within construction management domain.
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate good team working skills, excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The hired candidate should adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- The hired candidate should perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in sustainable development in construction or related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time