- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Field Interviewer Abu Dhabi Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System
Reporting Line: Program Director and Co-PI Abu Dhabi Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System
Department: College of Medicine and Health Sciences
A Field Interviewer works as part of a large, interdisciplinary research team which is charged with delivering the Abu Dhabi Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (AD-PRAMS).
A Field Interviewer supports the AD-PRAMS research initiative with public health professionals who investigate patterns and causes of disease and injury in humans, working across the key Abu Dhabi maternity hospitals interviewing women with newborn children.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Travel to assigned hospitals around the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to perform interviews with women with newborn children.
- Carefully follow the interview guidelines and plan and constantly work to ensure that the project plan (protocol) is adhered to at all times
- Make use of a handheld device/tablet to collect interview data
- Follow ethical guidelines associated with the project and be empathetic and kind to interviewees
- Understand and be familiar with, and follow, the plan (protocol) for data collection in the project
- Keep careful records of interviews performed and any discrepancies
- Prepare relevant Reports and take directions from Academic and Research leadership regarding job responsibilities
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills in working with various stakeholders, physicians, and the public or private entities
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Study Leadership (CoPIs) and the line managers.
- Support periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
Qualifications & Experience
- Female applicants only (As data will be collected from pregnant women after delivery)
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject
- Master’s degree (or above) in social science/public health/epidemiology/medical science
- Language competency in English and (Gulf) Arabic
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Attention to detail
- Sensitivity towards potentially challenging emotional situations
- High proficiency at working with digital devices (e.g. tablets)
- 0-1 years of experience in a relevant discipline
- Experience in interviewing for surveys
- Experience with interviewing women
- Experience with interviews covering sensitive areas
- Familiarity or experience with healthcare research programs in the Middle East.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Research Assistant
Job Type: Full-time