Post Doctoral Fellow, College of Medicine and Health Sciences
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow (Research Projects – Data Science Postdoc) Fund: Abu Dhabi Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (AD-PRAMS)
Reporting Line: co-PI AD-PRAMS; Program Director AD-PRAMS, AD-PRAMS PI and other co-PIs
Department: College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Data Science Postdoc is responsible to provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research relating to Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring maternal, early life and developmental epidemiological databases, aimed at publication, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team
- Participate in problem exploration, and definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures;
- Regularly meet with the Advisor to apprise the Advisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Publish research results in a journal appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Working closely with colleagues to help interpret findings and draft manuscripts and other reports for publication.
- Participate in writing initial and extension of grant applications and proposals that pertain to the research;
- Contribute to the overall activities of the research team as required;
- Ensure adherence to the University's information and data security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Study Leadership (CoPIs) and the line managers
- Support periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD from a reputable university in an appropriate discipline.
- Relevant degree or statistical training (e.g. Masters or PhD, Statistics, epidemiology, Biostatistics);
- Experience of statistical or other programming languages to manipulate large-scale datasets with epidemiology information (excellent data management and analysis skills) - e.g. Python, R;
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical reasoning applied to observational data;
- A track record of authoring scientific publications.
- Language competency in English and (Gulf) Arabic
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Meticulous Attention to detail
- Sensitivity towards potentially challenging emotional situations
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher with publications in journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time