Lecturer (Education) in Financial History
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £38,592 - £43,414 per annum
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance, Economics & Econometrics, Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
Queen’s Management School at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer (Education) in Financial History. The successful candidate will work at the Queen’s University Centre for Economic History as a part of the Government of Ireland-funded cross-border Centre for Economics, Policy and History. The successful applicant will be active in teaching and in the delivery of a research programme.
This is a full-time, fixed-term post for 32 months only, starting 1st July 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter). Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A PhD in Financial History topic;
- Evidence of engagement in scholarly activity in financial history (e.g., journal articles);
- Demonstrable ability to develop a research programme in financial history;
- Evidence of a detailed knowledge of financial history;
- Proven track record of lecturing and assessment in Finance and Economics at University level; and
- Demonstrable excellence in classroom teaching.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Chris Colvin at email@example.com or Prof J. Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attractive Reward Package
About the School
Further information for international applicants