Senior Lecturer, Occupational Therapy (Teaching and Research or Education-Focused)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE AUSTRALIA
- Newcastle, Australia
- The remuneration for this position is from $126,446 + 17% superannuation.
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full-time, Permanent role, based at the Callaghan campus
- Academic Level C
- Role can be a balanced teaching, research and service role, or education-focused
Our vision to become a world-leading university for our regions will take passion and perseverance. We can’t do it without you.
We are looking for people to join our university – to bring their exceptional teaching to our region, and to take their research impact to the world with us.
As one of the top 200 universities in the world and number one university in the world for partnering for a sustainable future, we are proud educators grounded by the needs of our community. We are driven by our inclusive focus and are proud of our five-star rating for social equity.
Be part of something bigger
The School of Health Sciences, one of four Schools within the College of Health, Medicine and Wellbeing, excels in the teaching of allied health professionals and includes the disciplines of Medical Radiation Sciences (Diagnostic Radiography, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiation Therapy), Nutrition and Dietetics, Workplace Health and Safety, Occupational Therapy, Oral Health Therapy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry and Speech Pathology. The disciplines within the School achieve a balance between advancing the professional research profile of their respective areas and working together to educate future healthcare workers in an interprofessional healthcare environment.
The School enjoys a close collaboration with local area health services in providing clinical learning experiences for students, in the provision of graduate programs and in the conduct of clinical research. We strive to prepare and develop students across the Health Science disciplines to function in a wide range of clinical settings, health facilities and services.
Our academics are committed to teaching and learning strategies which develop and enhance knowledge, and the full range of clinical and interpersonal skills needed by occupational therapists to function as effective practitioners. The School encourages and enhances the capacity for:
- Independent and critical thinking
- Reflective practice
- Life-long learning
- Effectively coping with change, and
- Creating a positive culture that promotes excellence for colleagues and students.
The Senior Lecturer Occupational Therapy will provide high-quality academic education in Occupational Therapy informed by a strong clinical background, expertise in occupational therapy and understanding of contemporary professional and educational issues. They will be required to develop, teach and coordinate undergraduate and postgraduate courses aligned to the strategic goals of the School of Health Sciences and the College of Health, Medicine and Wellbeing. They will also be required to supervise honours student projects.
The successful applicant will contribute to and drive research in Occupational Therapy, the broader field of allied health and rehabilitation sciences and/or clinical education/student learning. They will expand collaborations within the discipline, multidisciplinary teams and clinical and industry partners. They will also supervise research higher degree (Masters and PhD) students.
The role holder is expected to maintain a highly visible presence and contribute to administrative and service activities across the School, the wider College and University, the profession and community.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Callaghan Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How will you become part of our community?
You will have:
- A PhD qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Eligibility for or current Registration as an Occupational Therapist
- A strong record of research and publications in Occupational Therapy (Teaching and Research) or educational research and/or educational scholarship (Education-Focused)
- Proven experience in high level, quality teaching
- Demonstrated experience in supervising honours and masters research projects as well as Higher Degree by Research students
- A solid record of establishing and maintaining partnerships and collaborations
How will we support you?
The remuneration for this position is from $126,446 + 17% superannuation.
The University is committed to being a leader in family-friendly working environments.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit here.
Let’s be part of something bigger together.
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University's please click ‘Apply’ to reach the University's website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Your application must include:
- Your ORCID ID
- A URL link to your University Academic Profile (or equivalent)
- A Cover Letter; outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees.
- A statement addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria, as provided in the Position Description attached below (4 pages max)
- Your CV, which should be a maximum of five pages and be succinct and discipline appropriate.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
For additional information on the position contact Associate Professor Samantha Ashby via email Samantha.Ashby@newcastle.edu.au.
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 26 March 2023 at 11:59 pm AEDT
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you