Senior Research Fellow, SKBI
- SINGAPORE MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY
- 28 Feb 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance, Economics & Econometrics
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Doctorate or equivalent | Post Graduate Diploma
- Singapore | Closing On 29 Mar 2023
Contract ending 31 December 2025
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- This position is for Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics (SKBI).
- Lead and oversee progress of research activities in the areas of green finance, sustainability and any other identified areas.
- Produce high quality publications.
- Actively participate in grant/funding applications and delivery.
- Ideate and conduct training activities.
- Guide and mentor any junior team members or Fellows with less experience in related research.
- Assist the Director in managing the research roadmap and developments
- PhD degree or postgraduate degree in the areas of green finance, sustainability, financial economics, finance or economics.
- Good regional/international network with academia/industry.
- A strong knowledge and research background in the areas of financial economics, finance or economics.
- Extensive academic and/or practical experience and expertise in related areas.
- Knowledge in and ability to handle large databases.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
- Track record of top tier academic/applied research in the areas of green finance, sustainability, financial economics, finance or economics.
- Ability to work individually and as a team, and to mentor researchers with less experience.
- Applicants who meet all the criteria should submit an application with the following materials:
- cover letter
- job market paper
- two letters of reference